The best portable electric stove is one of the coolest innovations around, offering much portability for those who love camping and picnics. And if you own a food catering service, this type of stove becomes much more necessary, as it is extremely lightweight and it fits your car perfectly with its relatively smaller size as compared to other types of stoves there are. Plus, portability translates to more outdoor fun, not only for camping but also for other activities we do in remote areas away from our kitchens. And so if we need to cook or reheat food, it will just be all a breeze, provided there is an electric source around where to plug in our portable stove for camping or for travel.
The problem begins with the selection process, though. There are so many of these appliances in online stores and at the home depot. It means we may be easily overwhelmed with so many choices in front of us. No worries, though, as we’ll feature a buying guide to help you find the right stove for your outdoor activities or food catering service with our top picks as well as useful factors for a checklist to consider.
- Number of Burners
- Functions & Performance
- Parts & Controls
- Size & Weight
- Number of Burners
- Functions & Performance
- Parts & Controls
- Size & Weight
- Final Thoughts
- Related Video
Number of Burners
The selection process starts by determining the number of burners especially that you have to cook for some people. Check below for info.
- Secura 8100MC: It is a one-burner portable electric stove requiring 120 volts and 15 amps of electric power, which is the standard in most units. You may have to look into this one if you’re looking for a relatively smaller stove to take with you easier and will fit perfectly in your car and recreational vehicles (RVs). It is easy to handle and store due to its small size as well.
- Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner: If you’re buying for a catering service, let’s say, you may need a double-burner stove, and it could be this appliance. Its overall dimensions are 19-1/2 x 11-1/2 x 4 inches, and it weighs nine pounds. For this feature, it is better than the Secura 8100MC is.
- DUXTOP 1800W Portable Electric Burner (Double): I love the functions of this product, even if it has the same number of burners as the Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner and more than the Secura 8100MC. It has intelligent controls and useful functions, which we’re touching on a bit later.
Determine the cost of the stove to know if its suits your budget or not and avoid wasting time in browsing many products. Check out below for price comparison.
- DUXTOP 1800W Portable Electric Burner (Double): This stove is the highest priced of all the three, but you may be able to get the most out of your buck with its smart functions and controls.
- Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner: The unit is more affordable than the DUXTOP 1800W Portable Electric Burner (Double) is. It deserves your attention if you’re looking for a middle-priced stove for food preparation outdoors.
- Secura 8100MC: The unit is the most affordable of all as compared to the Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner and DUXTOP 1800W Portable Electric Burner (Double). It may be for you if you have a smaller family to prepare food for, and if you are low on budget, just like when buying affordable kitchen appliances, such as a 30 inch gas range or a smoker.
Functions & Performance
Your satisfaction will depend on the functions and performance of the product you’re buying. I have compared our three products for your guidance on this matter.
- Secura 8100MC: The unit is a smart one. It has an auto-pan detection, which will make it shut off after a minute if it detects no cookware. Plus, it is built with a diagnostic error message control for precise cooking all the time. The product is also compatible with induction-ready cookware, including cast iron and stainless steel with magnetic bottom.
- DUXTOP 1800W Portable Electric Burner (Double): This unit is better than the Secura 8100MC for its two adjustable thermostats for accurate temperature control and has heating indicator lights to tell you exactly what’s happening. It is also perfect for boiling water, cooking and other methods and it is built with a small burner for use in warming or simmering. Now, that’s extra smartness! Regarding performance, it also proves itself well with its auto-detect function to signal that there is no pan on the burner, shutting off when the pan is removed for at least one minute. It also has a safety feature, turning off automatically to prevent power surges and overheating. It will also only heat the burner according to the pan and pot size, increasing energy efficiency. And it will not also heat up your kitchen, but instead, it makes cooking times quicker.
- Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner: The product is best for performance versus the DUXTOP 1800W Portable Electric Burner (Double) and Secura 8100MC. It is built with individual and easy to adjust temperature settings and it has indicator lights – “ready” and “on.” Plus, it has two plates – one is a small plate of 500 watts and a large one of 1300 watts, making it most energy efficient.
Our Top Choice for Functions & Performance: Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner
Parts & Controls
Look for easy to use controls in this appliance. For one, it will help you cook precisely and avoid burning food.
- Secura 8100MC: Talking about controls, you can have the best of it with this unit’s built-in countdown digital timer of one-minute increments each for up to 170 minutes, meaning you can set cooking times precisely to avoid overcooking or undercooking. Plus, it has ten different temperature settings of between 140 and 460 degrees Fahrenheit, meaning you can also use it for making cookies and other treats, which we would otherwise have to cook with oven. And when it comes to controls, you can do it easily by choosing from the ten power levels available, ranging between 200 and 1800 watts. It also has a low and high voltage warning, and it is ETL approved, meaning it meets high-quality standards. Finally, the product also comes with a digital sensor touch-control panel for added convenience.
- DUXTOP 1800W Portable Electric Burner (Double): When it comes to controls and parts with its smart and easy to use settings, this is better than the Secura 8100MC. It has a timer for countdown function to tell you when the cooking is done, and it is conveniently adjustable for up to 170 minutes or about three hours of cooking time. It also includes a six-foot cord, which is quite long so that you can position it better when outdoors or in a remote location and has an auto detect function, turning off when it detects no pan on the stove.
- Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner: Both the DUXTOP 1800W Portable Electric Burner (Double) and Secura 8100MC are top performing, but this one is perhaps the best among the three. Aside from its brushed stainless steel housing, it is also equipped with two burner plates, one with 1300 watts and one with 500 watts. The product also has adjustable temperature settings, which can help you cook precisely on demand. It is also constructed with cast-iron plates, making it more durable, and non-slip rubber feet, keeping it from slipping.
Our Top Choice for Parts & Controls: Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner
Size & Weight
Portability is what we’re also looking for this type of stove. I have compared our spotlight products in this department for your guidance.
- DUXTOP 1800W Portable Electric Burner (Double): The item dimensions are 23.2 x 9.8 x 4.3 (inches) and it has a lightweight of only 9.3 pounds.
- Waring DB60 Portable Double Burner: The portable stove is smaller and lighter than the DUXTOP 1800W Portable Electric Burner (Double), measuring only 19.5 x 11.5 x 4 and weighing only 9 pounds.
- Secura 8100MC: It is the smallest and lightest among the three. Its overall dimensions are 13 x 11.5 x 2.5 (inches) and it weighs only 6.5 pounds.
Our Top Choice for Price: Secura 8100MC
Just like when buying a countertop convection oven burner or installing a heater at home, knowing the considerations when shopping around for the best portable electric stove is what you need to get the most out of your spending. Check for the number of burners, price, functions and performance, parts, and controls as well as the size and weight to determine the right portable electric stove for you. For this particular review, I find the DUXTOP 1800W Portable Electric Burner (Double) most recommended because of its smart functions and ease of use settings, which are what we need exactly for the best cooking experience as possible whenever we’re on camping, picnic or catering food to our guests. But then still, I don’t discount the two other products, which for me are also great choices. I hope that I have helped you select the portable electric stove for car or travel today!