Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup: Benefits And How To Make One?
There could be numbers of individuals out there that are into having their diet plan in order to achieve their ideal body figure and fitness as well. Of course, there are many ways on how to be on a diet and be successful in such goals. But why not consider the cabbage soup diet?
What Is Cabbage Soup Diet?
This kind of diet will be a help to jumpstart weight loss. It would consist a week of eating cabbage soup together with some other suggested foods every day of the week.
- Together with the cabbage soup every day, you could have fruit during the first day and vegetables during the second day.
- On the third day, you can have both vegetables and fruits.
- On the fourth day, you could have bananas with skim milk, chicken or beef on the fifth, vegetables and beef during the sixth day.
- And on the seventh day you could have brown rice and vegetables.
With this one, you are not intended to be on a diet more than a week or seven days, after which you are to switch to a long-term diet that you choose. And another great thing is that the cabbage soup that is being advised in this kind of diet is very easy to make along with a slow cooker.
Prior to making slow cooker cabbage soup for the diet, there are essential things that should be prepared first.
They are the following:
- Two green peppers.
- Six large green onions.
- Three carrots.
- A can of diced tomatoes. ½ head of the cabbage.
- A container of mushrooms.
- A pack of celery.
- A pack of onion soup mix.
- A knife and a spoon.
Prepare these ingredients and things needed first before proceeding to the cabbage soup making process.
Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup: Step-By-Step Guide on Making One
For the steps on how to make slow cooker cabbage soup, be guided by the following:
Step 1 Cut the tops off of the peppers using a knife and scoop out the seeds with the use of a spoon. Then discard these items.
Step 2 Chop all the vegetables into small pieces with the use of a knife.
Step 3 Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker.
Step 4 Pour water over the vegetables until they are being covered.
Step 5 Add a teaspoonful of salt, half tsp. of pepper and also half to one teaspoonful of some other spices that you would want to enjoy. Some of the options would include oregano, parsley, basil and also garlic powder. Once you want the soup to have a spicy flavor then add cayenne pepper or the curry spice.
Step 6 Cook into the slow cooker on the high setting for almost 4 to 5 hours or on the low setting for almost 8 to 9 hours.
Follow the above mentioned steps on how to make a slow cooker cabbage soup.
Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup Diet Benefits
There is a fact that cabbage soup diet has been around for a long period of time since it is considered to be an effective short-term weight loss diet.
It would revolve around a big consumption of cabbage soup every single day, according to the premise which cabbage is a negative-calorie ingredient the body would need more calories in order to digest the cabbage compared with what it provides.
Along with that, ingredients like tomatoes, cabbage, green onions, celery, carrots, mushrooms and green pepper are being added within the seven-day plan. Though it is considered as a fad diet, it definitely has some advantages compared to other diets.
Nutritious Veggies and Dietary Fiber
Though not a completely balanced diet, this contains different nutritious vegetables and would provide more fiber compared to other diets.
- The raw cabbage would contain 20 calories per 100 grams and could supply 53% of the RDA of vitamin C.
- Vitamin K is also provided by the added carrots and celery.
- On most days fruits are allowed providing a source of vitamins E, C and A.
- And tomatoes are also rich in lycopene known to be a helpful antioxidant.
- The soup has its mushrooms and the potato would offer B complex vitamins.
- On days fifth and six, meat could be a source of Vitamin D and protein. On the fourth day, skim milk is allowed making it as a great source of calcium.
- Apart from that, this soup would also contain plenty of liquid keeping you hydrated.
Fast Weight Loss
Indeed, slow cooker cabbage soup is very low when it comes to saturated fat and would have no cholesterol at all.
This diet could be a lot faster in terms of losing weight than other diets. There could be variations with regards to individual results but in general, you could lose 10 pounds within a week.
This could be very appealing once you need to immediately lose weight. This kind of diet could be very beneficial in order to kick start your weight loss and might provide the incentive to making the transition into a more nourishing diet or a healthier eating.
No Hunger Pains
Since there is actually no restriction in terms of quantity of the designated food which you could eat, you would not be hungry at all.
The variety of food would make it a lot easier to stick with this diet.
There could also be some filling ingredients such as bananas, potato and rice that are being permitted on some days.
Indeed, the slow cooker cabbage soup diet will not require a great amount of time, effort and money on your part in terms of cooking and preparation. Just simply follow the steps above and you will definitely reap the benefits that this cabbage soup diet could provide.
If you are a vegan, you could watch this video on how to make a healthy slow cooker cabbage soup.
Like the article, post your comments below and share!