Best Ways For A Delightful Tutti Frutti Cakes
Do you love cakes? If yes, you might as well be familiar with the very popular tutti frutti cake. But what it is by the way? Well it is an Indian dessert that is made through following simple baking techniques. This is considered as a kid-friendly dessert recipe that is indeed loved by most kids and even by grown-ups. It could be relished along with evening tea as your snack or could be a special dessert for a party or any occasion at home.
If you want to have a cake with eggs then baking a tutti frutti cake should definitely be considered. This kind of cake is very yummy and soft. For additional flavor, an orange or pineapple juice could also be considered. This cake is delicious and colorful and it doesn’t need any frosting too. For recipes of tutti frutti cake continue reading this article.
There could be two ways on how to make tutti frutti cake. It could be through the use of oven and the other one is through a pressure cooker. Let us learn these two ways one by one.
How to Make Tutti Frutti Cake with Eggs and Orange Juice in an Oven?
This tutti frutti cake recipe will include eggs and orange juice and will be done in an oven.
- One cup of all-purpose flour or Maida.
- Half teaspoonful of baking soda and baking powder.
- 100 grams of butter.
- Half cup of sugar and one and a half tablespoon of granulated white sugar.
- Two eggs.
- ¼ cup headed of tutti frutti.
- 3 tablespoons of orange juice.
- A teaspoonful of orange or vanilla essence.
First, there is a need to preheat your oven to 180 degree Celsius for fifteen minutes. You have to bring all the ingredients into the room temperature.
Then, sieve together the Maida, baking soda and baking powder twice and keep them aside.
On the other hand, you should powder the sugar. Mix or dust the tutti frutti along with the little Maida in order for the tutti frutti doesn’t go as and settle right at the bottom of your cake.
With a bit of butter and a dust flour or Maida, grease your baking tray. Once planning to make cupcakes, you have to grease and dust the moulds of cupcake or you have to line them with the use of cupcake liners.
For the step-by-step methods, consider the following:
- Beat the sugar and the butter until they become creamy and add the eggs and beat properly.
- Then, add half of the Maida and gently fold. Add the orange juice, the rest of the Maida, the essence and also the tutti frutti that is being dusted with flour. You should gently fold it until they are well-combined. The cake batter is now ready.
- Then, pour this batter in cupcake moulds or baking tray. After that, gently trap the tray in order for the batter to evenly spread.
- Finally, bake it in a preheated oven for at least 25 to 30 minutes or up until the inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Simply follow these methods and you will have delicious tutti frutti cakes or cupcakes.
- Be guided too that if you want for a cake with pineapple flavor then you could simply add three tablespoons of pineapple juice rather than of the orange juice and also a teaspoonful of vanilla or pineapple essence. A Tropicana pineapple juice could also be used.
Here’s a video on how to make frutti tutti cake:
How to Make Tutti Frutti Cake in a Pressure Cooker?
Have you heard or tried making tutti frutti cake in a pressure cooker? Making this cake in a pressure cooker could be great using the same ingredients as you make it in an oven. There are some people who might not have oven at home so they would use pressure cooker in making tutti frutti cakes.
For a tutti frutti cake recipe in pressure cooker, consider the following:
- Two cups of refined flour or Maida.
- ¾ cup of powdered sugar.
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder and baking soda.
- ¾ cup of milk. A half cup of ghee.
- A cup of condensed milk.
- Sieve the baking soda, baking powder and the Maida in a bowl in order to mix all the ingredients. The process should be repeated at least two or three times as for adding little air in the flour.
- Then properly mix the ghee whisk and the powdered sugar until it turns smoother.
- Put the condensed milk and mix it well along with sugar, ghee mix.
- Now, add the flour into the mixture then whisk the batter into one direction. Add the milk too and mix it until it becomes fluffy or there must be no lumps in the mix.
- With ghee, grease a cake tin then dust it along with little flour within corners in order to make thin layer. And now, pour the prepared cake batter to the greased tin and then keep aside.
- Remove the rubber or gasket on the lid of the pressure cooker in order not to whistle the cake. Put the thick and small steel plate right at the bottom of the pressure cooker. You might as well choose to spread a cup of salt into the base of the pressure cooker wherein it would prevent the base of the dish to be in contact with one another at the same time would maintain the temperature inside the pressure cooker. And now, put the pressure cooker for two to three minutes on high flame in order to preheat the pressure cooker.
- The batter filled cake tin should now be put in the preheated pressure cooker then close its lid and cook for 35 to 45 minutes on medium heat only. You should insert the knife in order to check whether the cake is ready. Once it comes out clean then the cake is definitely ready to serve.
- You have to let it cool down to room temperature. Then, remove the cake, cut it into slices and finally serve and enjoy.
Follow these steps once you don’t have oven at home and instead you will use a pressure cooker.
Or you could watch this video for a more detailed instruction about making tutti frutti cake in a pressure cooker:
Indeed,making tutti frutti cakes could be so easy and fast. You only need to have the ingredients and follow the instructions given above.
Did you learn something from the article? I really wish you did! Hit like or post your comments below for any questions or additional information. Share the article too!